Tuesday 20 October 2015

So what's been going on in the land of Lizbeth?

I have not blogged for what seems like an age. I have actually abandoned my diet devil blog as I no longer diet at the moment ,  but me being me I AM going to add a few thoughts to the whole 'fat/thin' scenario and the perceptions we have of ourselves and others.
 
SIZE IS BUT A NUMBER.
 
I currently have clothes ranging over a range of 4 or 5 different sizes. It means nothing, it literally means jack shit.
 
Some of the larger items will never fit me short of me lopping off my boobs, some of the smaller items look like they were made just for me. They weren't - I'm not that egotistical that I think that. I just think a good set of underwear and standing up straight does wonders.
 
I watch what I eat, but  I guzzle merlot like it was going out of fashion and  if I want to go and eat a big fat burger then I shall do and I shall enjoy it.
 
Maybe at the ripe old age of 47 ( yes, Facebook buddies I have lied to you - I'm not 37 despite my taut skin and snake like hips ) I have got the hang  of it all. Maybe I am now a grown up?
 
I have had a busy summer, I have struggled with my dips ( mood ones , not ones you dunk a Pringle in , there really is no problem there), I have written quizzes, I have put on a brave face, I have cracked jokes, I stopped cooking for 6 weeks but have started to enjoy it again, I have plagued friends, I have helped friends, I have laughed like a drain and cried like a baby.
 
So all in all, I haven't changed much in the grand scheme of things.
 
My youngest daughter excelled at her A levels and then announced she wasn't going to university.
 
Two days later she announced she was and 4 weeks later I left her In Bristol with a pile of boxes that she had packed her life into.
 
To say I was emotional would be an understatement. As proud as I was, I sobbed. real big fat watery tears. She comforted me and sent me back to Cornwall.
 
I have grand plans for the future and I have some cracking friends. I know I can be a nightmare but I like to think I'm not so bad and will one day be a cracking friend to them too.
 
And some of the some of the one liners have been fabulous!
 
One day I shall document them and cackle at them all over again.
 
But not yet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. you are a cracking friend now xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At some point I may be asking you find me a deal on a rental.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back my friend. My broad back is always there should you need hefting over troubled waters xx

    ReplyDelete